Here are some helpful hints that may be helpful if you run into a snag when setting up a Matrox DualHead2Go.
Update The Firmware
Before you do anything, update the firmware on the Matrox DualHead2Go box.
- Click the following link to get to the Matrox Software download page.
- Select the Model of DualHead2Go that you have.
- Select the Operating System.
- Then Download the Firmware from the link provided.
- Connect the DualHead2Go to the computer via the usb cable provided and follow the instructions in the software you downloaded to install the firmware.
Matrox Software Download Page: http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/gxm/drivers/
Connections, Cable Length and Other Video Equipment
- Make sure the connection to all monitors and all USB connections are secure.
- The light on the DualHead2Go box will be green if all connections are connected properly.
- Matrox recommends a Maximum of 6ft of cable to the monitors/projectors that are connected to it. We have been able to successfully test these devices with up to 50 feet of VGA cable. Adding a distribution amplifier between the DualHead2Go and the monitor/projector is recommened for cable lengths longer than 50 feet.
- The DualHead2Go normally will not recognize a vga over cat5 extender. Adding a distribution amp or edid emulator between the DualHead2Go and the cat5 extender sending unit is recommened.
- The DualHead2Go may not recognize a switcher or scaler as a monitor. Adding a distribution amp or edid emulator between the DualHead2Go and the switcher or scaler is recommended.